In no particular order, l’m Thankful for…
- I’m thankful for my beautiful family – “My cup runneth over”. And even though the contents usually spill on the carpet, I wouldn’t trade a moment of the chaos.
- I’m thankful for breath. A few weeks ago I had the Flu and could not take a deep breath without coughing or experiencing chest pain. I never realized how such a simple, involuntary act could be such a wonderful thing.
- I’m thankful for my MacBook Pro. I’m not a total Mac snob yet, but I’m getting there.
- I’m thankful that my mother lets me get away with a minimal contribution to Thanksgiving dinner. I’m the only female in my family who didn’t get the “I love to cook & I’m really good at it” gene and the thought of cooking a big family meal totally stresses me out.
- I’m thankful for my coffeemaker that grinds the beans for me.
- I’m thankful for caffiene in those beans and for flavored creamer that allows me to better enjoy the coffee I make with my awesome coffeemaker.
- I’m thankful for CrossPointe. An imperfect church filled with imperfect people that I am blessed to run with for the sake of the Gospel.
- I’m thankful for my fireplace that I can flip a switch to turn on – coziness and laziness all at once.
- I’m thankful for a husband that loves and serves God with all his heart.
- I’m thankful for the internet that I use as a tool for procrastination, communication, research, and entertainment.
- I’m thankful for a clean house, on the rare occasion that I have one.
- I’m thankful for my dishwasher. It has been out of commission recently awaiting an ordered part and washing dishes for the 6 of us the old fashioned way is the pits.
- I’m thankful for Martha. She loves my kids like her own and is more of a blessing to our family than she will ever know. Even if she is scared of our cats, and our dog, and our snake, and bad weather, and most everything else.
- I’m thankful for healthy kids. I do not take that for granted, especially when I see what some precious children struggle with physically on a daily basis in my office.
- I’m thankful that God is so much bigger than my mother’s cancer, or anything else that will come our way.
- I’m thankful for a father who brings me flowers for my table on a random Tuesday just because he loves me.
- I’m thankful for my newest fashion accessory – the scarf. It really does help me hide some of the parts of my body that I am not thankful for.
- I’m thankful that my mother is my best friend.
- I’m thankful for friends that I can laugh and cry with & for friendships that withstand the decades.
- I’m thankful for the seasons that change and for the rare moments when I am so aware of God’s wonder that I have no choice but to pause and soak in the beauty of His creation.
- I’m thankful for my Salvation because without it, all else would be complete folly.
- I’m thankful for Diet Coke, but I’d rather you not share that with my dentist.
- I’m thankful that my children know and love all four of their grandparents.
- I’m thankful for the gift of intelligence that was given to each of my kids and that, for the moment, Brad & I are still smarter.
- I’m thankful for Christmas – the colors, the fuss, the lights, the tree and the celebration of the King of Kings.
- I’m thankful that Arabella is sitting next to me rattling off all of the things she is thankful for.
- I’m thankful that my house has come to life this morning and I will have to end this post. Joseph & Jacob are hungry, Abraham is yelling for me and Arabella is still talking to me despite my apparent lack of interest.
I could keep adding to this list for hours, but I know you are thankful that I will not.