A is for…
OK, so I was looking for things to do with the kids that we could all enjoy and I had a brainstorm. It was prompted by a blog post from a site I like to visit for inspiration – GottaPixel. They have a photo prompt each day to help with folks (like me) doing the Project 365 (Photo a day) and one last week was things that start with the letter A. Well… I ran with it and enlisted the help of the kids.
We are having such fun thinking of things that start with the letter we are working on each day. The kids have been brainstormers, scribes , photographers and models for me. In fact, this morning the 1st thing Arabella said when she woke up is “Mommy, today is H Day”, and Jacob was already making a list of H things when I came into the kitchen. It helps Bella learn her alphabet better and is a great outlet for Jacob’s creativity. Joseph gets involved when his “cool”-ness allows it and Abe is just loving all the camera attention!
Here is what we came up with for A. February 18th, 2010.
2. Angel from my office. The figure sits in front of a picture of my real-life angel, Arabella)
4. Arabella with an attitude (bonus)
6. Alphabet magnets that I discovered cleaning out our kitchen. What a treat!
8. Artificial plant
10. Athenos hummus
11. Air conditioning
12. Architecture – my office
13. Airplane in flight thanks to Abe
15. Ankles – ok, I just LOVE these Levis of Abe’s!
16. Art, compliments of a then 3 year old Arabella, prominently posted at my desk
17. Antibacterial soap
18. Apples – Granny Smith are our favorites
20. Apple juice
21. Arms, from Potato Head
22. Animals – we are never lacking the stuffed variety of these
23. Avatar game. Haven’t seen the movie, but kids love the game.
25. “A” (is for Arabella) refrigerator magnet